Friday, May 15, 2009

Hard to do

This assignment has been kicking my butt! I had no idea pictures of reflections were so hard to do. Here are a few of my many, many tries. I have yet to get a shot that I absolutely love and am excited about.
#1
#2Although, this one sure makes me smile. How could you not?
#3 #4

This one was kind of fun. What I wanted to get was a picture of Brad's face with Austin's image. Like a father looking into the future. I never see him to get it done. I'll keep trying.
#5
#6
#7
#8
#9
I tried to play with the hand-held mirror. I hate mirrors and therefore, don't own a big one to do stuff with.
#10

I stopped to look for my lens cap which I had misplaced, and this fun tree was reflected in my window.
#11

This is a statue on my mom's coffee table. It was kind of fun. I wish I had it at home to play with it some more.
#12
This was a fun idea. I wanted to see Lana's face in the clock as if she's looking ahead in time. I never did get a shot that I like.
#13
The wind has been blowing so much everywhere that I can't find a calm lake to get some shots. This was my best try so far.
#14
My kids are such good sports to ride along and put up with so many hours in the car. I take too many pictures. I know that now.
#15
I remember that picture that Jenny has with her kids running behind the car and you see them through the side mirror. I love that. I tried to get a fun shot out the mirror. Still working on it.
#16
#17
I had this idea of having sheet music reflect in a CD, but I guess I'm too picky, because I don't like it much.
#18

So that's what I have so far. I am so curious to see what you ladies have done with your creative brains in motion.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

My list of ideas are...
windows - looking out or a window reflecting the sky/something
water - (kiddo pool,lake,puddle,drip)
Mirror - Car (side or rearview,) House, compact, sunglasses, forever reflection
Bubbles - on water or blowing
Glass - Drinking with water in it or just decorative glass
Metal - Brass silver
Wet Surface -
i have not had good luck, I have tons of ideas and I went for a drive today and nothing, I didn't take one picture of reflections.

Jenny said...

I like #1, #8 #9...
#15 is great because you can see you taking the picture and well because babies are just great.
I love #9 I guess I need to stop looking for reflective water and take a compact out with me when I am taking pictures.
The music on the black piano is great too.
#1 is nice, I love the narrowing of the land but the full reflection of the mountain.
#8 is gool with the flower on the mirror, pretty flower.
I need more time with this assignment

Suzy said...

Looking at Jenny's photos I realized I forgot to number them. Sorry. I'll go back and do that now.

Sharece said...

Hey girls, I'm finally here! I really like #1. That is a great reflection! You can even see the clouds in the water. I like the symmetry going on.
I also like 9 & especially 10. I love that you can see the landscape in the mirror and then the grassy ground behind it. It's great!
You had a lot of really cool ideas. The Lana in the glasses is pretty clever! You did a great job for not getting a shot that you love!

Anonymous said...

I really like that you tried lots of different things. I really like #1 and #8 the ones with Austin's sun glasses, and the one with Lana and Bryadee in the back seat.