Thursday, April 23, 2009

Portraits

I don't know if it has been an official assignment yet, but we talked about doing portraits for the next one. I took the opportunity to go down to mutual last night and see "my girls" and take some shots. They weren't too thrilled about it because they weren't dressed up and just when I started to figure out the angles of their faces and stuff, they were done and had enough. Oh well, they were good sports. Here are some shots I got.









I will try to find another subject more willing to sit and put up with my practicing. And the light was terrible here.

2 comments:

Sharece said...

What good sports your young women are! I like the 1st photo and the girl in green (5th up from the bottom) the most. And I like the sepia one 2nd to bottom too.

Jenny said...

I too love the girl in the green HER EYES are amazing. Then everytime I think of doing my portrait assignment I thought of the first and second picture with the A-line haircut girl. I love the white behind her in the top one (and in the green one)and I love the perfect side profile of the second one. It really shows off her dramatic A line hair!
Last I love that you had some looking right at the camera, the color or light (not sure what) is fantastic, lighting up their entire face.